Welcome to Candoia.
Candoia is a platform for realizing Mining Software Repository (MSR) Tools, and more broadly software engineering (SE) tools. Candoia is to these tools as Android and iOS are to mobile applications, and Atom is to text editors. Like the Android and iOS platforms, Candoia provides suitable abstractions for building these tools and handles the details of integration with source code management (SCM) systems, bug databases, language parsers, visualization, etc. A tool developer develops their idea as a Candoia app and can publish them. Practitioners install Candoia platform and can browse through available apps, download them, and if necessary customize them for their own needs.
Tutorial for building Candoia apps.
Key features of Candoia include:
- mining big and small datasets with the same logic
- additional information such as bug and organization information for analysis
- helpful abstractions to avoid hurdles/learning curve of reading/using different version control/bug store APIs
- an app store to download and share different mining apps (https://github.com/candoia)
- ability to create local and private datasets
Candoia platform is being worked upon and you can expect more details. Stay tuned.
- Download Candoia v0.1.2 for OSX 64bit
- Download Candoia v0.1.2 for Windows 64bit
- Download Candoia v0.1.2 for Windows 32bit
Authors and Contributors
Candoia platform is developed at Iowa State University. The development is led by Hridesh Rajan (@hridesh) and project contributors include Nitin Tiwari (@nmtiwari), Ganesha Upadhyaya (@gupadhyaya), Dalton Mills (@ddmills), Eric Lin (@eyhlin), and Trey Erenberger (@TErenberger).
Support or Contact
Having trouble with Candoia? Check out our documentation or contact support and we’ll help you sort it out.